A couple of amusing stories from moving day...
1) They should post signs about the dangers of texting in hospitals. On the way back from getting some coffee tuesday morning, I was killing 2 birds with one stone and sending some texts while riding the elevator. Myopically focused on my communication I hopped off the elevator, through the secured doors, down the hallway and into... someone else's room. Yeah I walked all the way in still knee deep in my text message only to find another mother holding another baby. Yikes. You can find a lot of dicey things in a hospital room but fortunately for all involved, that wasn't the case here. Immediately recognizing my mistake I apologized and removed myself. Good thing we were leaving that day.
2) So I go to retrieve the car seat to bring Whitney home only to be COMPLETELY baffled by the mechanism for actually removing the car seat from the base. 80 minutes in and bags were strewn, words were had, the seat was upside down and had I possessed a scissors or knife, the seat belt would have been cut. I was positive the folks at Graco had sold me a dud and was already formulating my letter to the company president. Surely there would be a sizeable settlement that would at least cover a nice vacation. And then.... I discovered the red latch. And as it turns out, well, the red latch is all you need. Pull it up and you're all good to go. Ignore it and you're... probably purchasing a new car seat.
Unfortunately in the midst of this calamity I neglected to take a step back and realize how great pictures of this meltdown would be so you'll just have to get by with your own visualization of the moment. But honestly, it was even more absurd than you're imagining.
Aside from all that, here are a few more prized moments from the last few days...


The Red Latch go me too! I feel you pain.
ReplyDeleteUncle Brian
James:
ReplyDeleteIf only you had stopped at the fire department to get certified as a baby car-seat operator, all of this could potentially have been avoided. I'm sure part of the sign-off by the fireman includes a 'red-latch awareness' section...
--
Seamus
it is okay james i feel your pain. well not really but when i c u again i can lol at u! j.k.(the blue chair is sooooooooooooooo fun 2 sit in.)
ReplyDeleteI laughed so hard after reading this. I was hoping that I could be your lawyer for this case
ReplyDeletePatrick Wilson