This weekend James, Whitney, and I celebrated my first Mother's Day. For 33 years this day had been reserved for celebrating the incredible mother I have. However this year I'm fortunate to be honored on this day as well! On Saturday James, Whitney, and myself had a special day. James took Whitney out in the morning so I could catch up on some much needed rest. They returned to cook me a big breakfast, and spoil me with a beautiful engraved necklace and flowers. The rest of the day was spent together shopping and strolling around. Sunday we had a nice day in Madison at Colleen and Jim's house (complete with 2 grandparents, 2 aunts, 2 uncles, and 7 cousins doting on Whitney) . This was a very meaningful weekend for me and I feel tremendously blessed. Happy Mother's Day to all mommies out there, and especially to my mom and mother-in-law! I'm lucky to have these examples of what it truly means to be a mother.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Mother's Day
This weekend James, Whitney, and I celebrated my first Mother's Day. For 33 years this day had been reserved for celebrating the incredible mother I have. However this year I'm fortunate to be honored on this day as well! On Saturday James, Whitney, and myself had a special day. James took Whitney out in the morning so I could catch up on some much needed rest. They returned to cook me a big breakfast, and spoil me with a beautiful engraved necklace and flowers. The rest of the day was spent together shopping and strolling around. Sunday we had a nice day in Madison at Colleen and Jim's house (complete with 2 grandparents, 2 aunts, 2 uncles, and 7 cousins doting on Whitney) . This was a very meaningful weekend for me and I feel tremendously blessed. Happy Mother's Day to all mommies out there, and especially to my mom and mother-in-law! I'm lucky to have these examples of what it truly means to be a mother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I loved seeing all 3 of you on Sunday. Had a wonderful time in Madison with you guys! Can't wait to see all of you again!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Meghan Kelly